1839Re: [wpmac] Re: WordPerfect 3.5 under OS X 10.3.9 - preferences

    May 31, 2005
      On May 31, 2005, at 2:47 PM, Tom Frere wrote:

      > I noticed in my preferences that Classic was set to "Turn off
      > extensions" so I changed it to "Open Extensions Manager" and restarted
      > Classic.

      That part of the prefpane could be better designed. Classic will turn
      off extensions only if you have it set that way in the Advanced pane
      _and_ click "Restart Classic" just to the right of that setting.
      Restarting classic in the Start/Stop pane will not turn off extensions.

      > Then I re-copied the preferences files from home to my hard drive at
      > work and---nope! WordPerfect created two new preferences files dated
      > today.

      Where are they? Why two? IAC it's the Library you need. Did WP create a
      new one? Quit WP and replace the new one with the one from home (as
      Steve said, you need to be sure you're copying the entire file,
      including the resource fork. WP's library as well as prefs file has a
      resource fork).

      > Also, the choice "Use Mac OS 9 Preferences from home" is greyed out
      > (cannot be selected or deselected).

      That selection can only be made when classic is not running.