1780[wordperfectmac] Re: Printing in WP - Classic

  • ICLUF Legal Director Randall C. Wilson
    May 9, 2005
      How does that work in reverse under Tiger? One of my favorite office
      printers (a Lanier LD122) cannot collate using the OSX driver but
      does that just fine under an old OS9 driver. Can I continue to use
      OS 9 drivers if I upgrade to Tiger?

      >--- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kane <skane@s...> wrote:
      >
      >> There may be an exception to this now with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. I have
      >> read one report that in the Print Dialog Box (or maybe it's the Page
      >> Setup Dialog Box) of a Classic application a drop down menu appears
      >> listing Mac OS X printers that are not even installed in Classic. I
      >> gather that these printers do not show up in the Chooser.
      >
      >The undersigned luddite hasn't upgraded yet, but Apple has some
      >pages on Classic support in Tiger. See the new link to "Classic
      >Applications in Tiger" in the Links section here, which has a
      >link to a page on printing, which says:
      >
      >> Mac OS 9 applications can use the same printers that
      >> Mac OS X applications can use, even if you do not have
      >> Mac OS 9 drivers for those printers.
      >
      >apparently confirming what Steve heard. Assuming this is new
      >in Tiger, Apple has actually enhanced Classic support in the
      >new OS, something I'm very happy to see.
      >
      >IAC, don't forget Ed Mendelson's recipe for a free Print to
      >PDF driver for Classic, in "WP and OSX" in the Links section
      >here.
      >
      >John R.
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links
      >
      >To visit your group on the web, go to: