1779Re: Printing in WP - Classic

    May 9, 2005
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kane <skane@s...> wrote:

      > There may be an exception to this now with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. I have
      > read one report that in the Print Dialog Box (or maybe it's the Page
      > Setup Dialog Box) of a Classic application a drop down menu appears
      > listing Mac OS X printers that are not even installed in Classic. I
      > gather that these printers do not show up in the Chooser.

      The undersigned luddite hasn't upgraded yet, but Apple has some
      pages on Classic support in Tiger. See the new link to "Classic
      Applications in Tiger" in the Links section here, which has a
      link to a page on printing, which says:

      > Mac OS 9 applications can use the same printers that
      > Mac OS X applications can use, even if you do not have
      > Mac OS 9 drivers for those printers.

      apparently confirming what Steve heard. Assuming this is new
      in Tiger, Apple has actually enhanced Classic support in the
      new OS, something I'm very happy to see.

      IAC, don't forget Ed Mendelson's recipe for a free Print to
      PDF driver for Classic, in "WP and OSX" in the Links section
      here.