1616[wordperfectmac] Re: A very slow WP

  • Randall C. Wilson
    Jan 31, 2005

      The Mozilla engine/web browser is the old Netscape browser simplified
      and rewritten rationally. It is not the bloatware monster that
      Netscape was. Netscape then began using the stand alone Mozilla
      engine in its latest browsers renaiming it as "Gecko". "Firefox" is
      the new kid on the block and was developed as open source ty the same
      people who rescued and streamlined the Netscape code to create the
      Mozilla browser.

      Peek-a-boo helped me troubleshoot performance issues under OS 9, but
      my advice would be to start saving your pennies and switch up to OSX.
      You can still run all your old programs in Classic, and WP 3.5e will
      work better than it does in OS9, although you may encounter some
      change or substitution of font issues in your old legacy documents.

      Alternate: mailto:gryndal@...