Living Life God's Way 8/31/2004; Living an Obedience Based Life

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2004

      God speaks to us through our desires, then as we lay them at His feet,
      He helps us sort them out and quiets our hearts
      to accept what He has already prepared.
      Rosalind Rinker

      Living an Obedience-Based Life
      They trusted in Him and defied the king's command and were willing to
      give
      up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own
      God.
      Daniel 3:28
      Have you ever known someone who lived an outcome-based Christian
      experience? What I mean is that their decisions are made based on the
      positive or negative outcome, not on absolute obedience.
      Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were three men who lived an
      obedience-based life. When King Nebuchadnezzar passed a law that said
      all were to worship his idol, these young men determined they would not
      worship anything other than God. You can be sure these men did not make
      this decision at the time of the decree. Their decision actually has
      been made years earlier. Their convictions were already in their hearts.

      Each of us must come to a place of knowing what our boundaries are
      in given situations. What will you tolerate from your employer? What
      situation crosses the line for you? Where are the boundaries for
      questionable practices in your life? If these are not worked out ahead,
      you will live a life of situational ethics, determining what decision to
      make based on the merits of the situation.
      Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were willing to die for what they
      believed. In this case, they were delivered from the fiery furnace. God
      used their faithfulness to impact a king, and they were promoted to
      higher positions.
      Are you an obedience-based Christian? Or are there situations that
      can move you based on the outcome? God wants to know that we will stand
      firm on the issues that are important to Him no matter what the outcome
      may be. God is looking for those who are radical in their obedience.
      Does this describe your commitment to Christ? If not, pray for this kind
      of conviction. The Lord will honor you for this.
      Today God Is First by Os Hillman; 3/22/2004