I AM WHO I AM (Part 3)

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2004
      I AM WHO I AM (Part 3)
      I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
      (John 8:12; 9:5)
      THRUST
      The third part of our study of the great "I AM" sayings of Jesus Christ presents Him as the Light of the world, and the source of light to everyone that follows Him.
      JESUS CHRIST, THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD
      The world is in spiritual darkness of evil, sin, and ignorance (Isaiah 9:2; John 3:19-20). It is like time of creation when "�the earth was formless and empty, [and] darkness was over the surface of the deep�" (Genesis 1: 2, NIV). This spiritual darkness has made the world to reject the offer of salvation. Therefore, Jesus Christ declared boldly, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" (John 8: 12, NIV). When He was about to heal a man born blind, He reaffirmed this (John 9:5). Jesus Christ is THE light, not a light among others (cf John 1: 9). He equated Himself with God. "�God is light; in Him there is no darkness at all" (1 John 1: 5, NIV). In the language of the Bible, light symbolizes God and His holiness. Just as an ordinary light will reveal every thing in a dark room, God (Jesus Christ) as the Light of the world is the Revealer of every sin (John 3:19-20).
      THE IMPLICATION OF THIS SAYING
      Jesus Christ is the only Person that can illuminate and expose the darkness of evil, sin, and ignorance in one's life. Whoever accepts or follows Him will have a different life - a life of light (John 8:12b). As the pillar of cloud and pillar of fire were directing the people of Israel in the wilderness (Exodus 13:21-22), Jesus Christ will be directing your life. You will have fellowship with Him. In fact, your light will guide other people (Matthew 5:14-16).
      CONCLUSION
      Have you accepted Jesus Christ to illuminate the darkness of your life? You cannot worship Him as God and the Light of the world if you are still living in darkness (1 John 1:6-7).
      Note:
      Remember to send your comments and remarks on this expository study to me at spiritualdigest@... or spiritualdigest@.... God bless you!!!