Living Life God's Way 7/23/2004; The Bible
- +Living Life God's Way+
Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path.
God's promises, God's Scripture, help us find our way in a pluralistic
world of competing voices and lights our path in these times so given to
cynicism and despair. What great grace we have to know God's will in our
Heartlight Daily Verse by Phil Ware; Crosswalk.com; 2/28/2004
15 Reasons Why You Need A Bible
There is much about God you would never know apart from His Word.
Sure, you may become convinced that God exists by what you see in the
world. You may even philosophically come to the conclusion that the
order in our universe demands an Intelligent designer to bring it about.
But if the Bible had never been written, think about all the things you
would never know about God.
* Without a Bible, you would never know that "god so loved the world
that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not
perish but have eternal life" (John3:16).
* Without a Bible, you would never know that God "will keep him in
perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in
You" (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV).
* Without a Bible, you would never know that "the eyes of the Lord
range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are
fully committed to him" (2 Chronicles 16:90).
* Without a Bible, you would never know that "those who hope in the
Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like
eagles; they will run and not grwo waery, they will walk and not be
failt" (Isaiah 40:31).
* Without a Bible, you would never that God takes no pleasure in
punishing sinners: "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the
wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when
they turn from their ways and live?" (Ezekiel 18:23).
* Without a Bible, you would never know that Jesus is "the Lamb of
God, who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).
* Without a Bible, you would never realize that "salvation is found
in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to
men by which we must be saved," but the name Jesus (Acts 4:12).
* Without a Bible, you would never understand that "the wages of sin
is death, but the gift of Gid is eternal life in Christ Jesus our
Lord" (Romans 6:23).
* Without a Bible, you would not have God's promise that "all things
work together for good to those who love God, to those who are
called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28 NKJV).
* Without a Bible, you would not appreciate that "if anyone is in
Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"
(2 Corinthians 5:17)
* Without a Bible, you would not recognize that "it is by grace you
have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it
is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8).
* Without a Bible, you would never know that "there is one God and
one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave
himself as a ransom for all men" (1 Timothy 2:5-6).
* Without a Bible, you would never guess that a day is coming when
God "will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more
death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things
has passed away" (Revelation 21:4).
* Without a Bible, you would not be encouraged, "Behold, I am coming
soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according
to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and
the Lsst, the Beginning and the End" (Revelation 22:12).
* Without a Bible, you would know very little about God, His
character, His promises and plans for you, or what awaits you in
the future. All this and more is revealed only through the pages of
His Word. If you want to connect with God, you need to read His
letter to you - the Bible.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]