Living Life God's Way 7/23/2004; The Bible

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2004

      Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light for my path.
      Psalm 119:105
      God's promises, God's Scripture, help us find our way in a pluralistic
      world of competing voices and lights our path in these times so given to
      cynicism and despair. What great grace we have to know God's will in our
      own words!
      Heartlight Daily Verse by Phil Ware; Crosswalk.com; 2/28/2004

      15 Reasons Why You Need A Bible
      There is much about God you would never know apart from His Word.
      Sure, you may become convinced that God exists by what you see in the
      world. You may even philosophically come to the conclusion that the
      order in our universe demands an Intelligent designer to bring it about.
      But if the Bible had never been written, think about all the things you
      would never know about God.

      * Without a Bible, you would never know that "god so loved the world
      that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not
      perish but have eternal life" (John3:16).
      * Without a Bible, you would never know that God "will keep him in
      perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in
      You" (Isaiah 26:3 NKJV).
      * Without a Bible, you would never know that "the eyes of the Lord
      range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are
      fully committed to him" (2 Chronicles 16:90).
      * Without a Bible, you would never know that "those who hope in the
      Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like
      eagles; they will run and not grwo waery, they will walk and not be
      failt" (Isaiah 40:31).
      * Without a Bible, you would never that God takes no pleasure in
      punishing sinners: "Do I take any pleasure in the death of the
      wicked? declares the Sovereign Lord. Rather, am I not pleased when
      they turn from their ways and live?" (Ezekiel 18:23).
      * Without a Bible, you would never know that Jesus is "the Lamb of
      God, who takes away the sin of the world" (John 1:29).
      * Without a Bible, you would never realize that "salvation is found
      in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to
      men by which we must be saved," but the name Jesus (Acts 4:12).
      * Without a Bible, you would never understand that "the wages of sin
      is death, but the gift of Gid is eternal life in Christ Jesus our
      Lord" (Romans 6:23).
      * Without a Bible, you would not have God's promise that "all things
      work together for good to those who love God, to those who are
      called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28 NKJV).
      * Without a Bible, you would not appreciate that "if anyone is in
      Christ, he is a new creation; the old is gone, the new has come!"
      (2 Corinthians 5:17)
      * Without a Bible, you would not recognize that "it is by grace you
      have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it
      is the gift of God" (Ephesians 2:8).
      * Without a Bible, you would never know that "there is one God and
      one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave
      himself as a ransom for all men" (1 Timothy 2:5-6).
      * Without a Bible, you would never guess that a day is coming when
      God "will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more
      death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things
      has passed away" (Revelation 21:4).
      * Without a Bible, you would not be encouraged, "Behold, I am coming
      soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according
      to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and
      the Lsst, the Beginning and the End" (Revelation 22:12).
      * Without a Bible, you would know very little about God, His
      character, His promises and plans for you, or what awaits you in
      the future. All this and more is revealed only through the pages of
      His Word. If you want to connect with God, you need to read His
      letter to you - the Bible.

      God@Work; 2/5/2004