Going thru...

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2004
      In reading posts in many groups I am in I see an overwhelming amount of requests from people who are "going thru" trials and hurts and tests. It touched my heart this morning, for I am also "going thru" my own trials. No, it is not easy to do.

      Last night a revival the pastor preached on Paul and Silas, being imprisoned after being beaten. (Acts 16:16-34) They prayed, sung songs of praises and were truly blessed in their trial and affliction. How many of us do this? (Including myself) How many still thank God and are grateful in the midst of trials...no matter how difficult? It's easy to pray, study and sing praises in the good times, but how about the bad times? Oh, I know, it's not easy, but it is simple. Ah, no I am not perfect in doing this, on the contrary. I have not been faithful to do this myself. I am not bragging on myself at all. But the sermon he preached last night was exactly for my circumstances. Do I pout, do I feel sorry for myself, do I give up in my hardships? Sometimes, absolutely! I am ashamed to admit this, but I even have become suicidal at times. God is the reason I live! He's the reason I find purpose to survive, along with the encouragement of my dear friends.

      I also entreat everyone to be an encourager to others. Try to edify and uplift one another. Everyone needs a word saying, "You can do this," "You can "go thru" this," "You can make it with God by your side!," "You are an overcomer thru Christ," "If God be for you who can be against you?" Yes, it is definitely wonderful when someone comes to me when I am in the pits of despair and they say, "I love you, you will make it, thru Christ." I suppose I have went on in this post but since I have been "going thru" horrible trials lately, I felt it necessary to do for others what has been done and is being done for me. I love you all...and yes, "You will make it...just focus on the one who has already been where you are now, and is with you now."

      In His Mercies

      Isaiah 38:17 Behold, it was for my peace that I had intense bitterness; but You have loved back my life from the pit of corruption and nothingness, for You have cast all my sins behind Your back.