Living Life God's Way 6/30/2004; Do You Know The Good Shepherd?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2004

      God's heart is the most sensitive and tender of all.
      No act goes unnoticed, no matter how insignificant or small.
      Richard J Foster

      Do You Know The Good Shepherd?
      I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me."
      John 10:14

      Years ago there was a great actor who graced the theatres reciting
      popular literary passages. In one of his performances an old man in the
      audience asked him to recite the 23rd Psalm, which the actor did. When
      he was done the audience gave him a resounding ovation.
      Unexpectedly, the actor then asked the old man to recite the same
      passage. The old man was hesitant, but the audience loved the idea and
      cheered the old man on. B+Nervously and humbly the old man came onto the
      stage and recited the psalm. At the end of the delivery, however, the
      only sound in the theatre was sobs from the audience. The actor, wiping
      tears from his own eyes, then told the audience, "I may know the 23rd
      Psalm, but this man truly knows the Shepherd."
      How about you? Chances are that you know Psalm 23, but do you know
      the Shepherd? Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd
      lays down his life for the sheep (John 10:11). Do you know Jesus, the
      good Shepherd?
      To know the good Shepherd means, first of all, that you recognize
      the Shepherd as your Lord and Savior. It means to recognize Jesus as the
      Son of God, the Way, the Truth, and the Life - for you!
      Second, to know the Shepherd means to know that he is indeed good.
      This is the Shepherd that will lead you beside still waters and revive
      your soul. This the Shepherd who loves you so much, that he has laid
      down his life for you on the cross.
      Finally, to know the Shepherd means that you recognize his voice.
      You recognize his voice of truth in the Scriptures. You hear his voice
      through the ministry of the Holy Spirit in your life. And not only do
      you recognize his voice, but you follow and obey it as well.
      Do you know the Shepherd? Jesus, the good Shepherd, knows you, and
      he wants to lead you through this life and into the next.

      Prayer: Lord Jesus, the idea of being a sheep doesn't thrill me, but if
      I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that I am defenseless, easily
      lost, and in need of daily guidance. Help me to better recognize your
      voice and follow where you lead. Amen.
      Faith@Work; 1/23/2004