ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2004
      ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE
      "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1, NIV).
      "Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you" (Philippians 3:17, NIV).
      My one-year-old daughter has adopted his older brother's way of greeting. Instead of kneeling down (as the custom of girls and young women among the Yorubas), she likes to prostrate (as boys and young men do). She likes to imitate his brother rather than taking to our (her parents') instruction about mode of greeting.
      Her action has a spiritual and moral meaning. Young people tend to imitate what they see more than what they hear. Young ones often look up to people older than them for direction. To imitate what people do than listen to their instructions is no doubt natural
      The history of the Israelites points to this. In spite of the fact that Israelites had the written Law through Moses and many priests and prophets they loved to do what the ungodly leaders did. However, when godly leaders reigned, they were focused. Why? Leaders influence followers.
      People seldom read the Bible. We Christians, especially Christian leaders are their "books." They read us. They have a tendency of imitating what we do than what we say at times.
      You are a leader! Some people are looking up to you as their role model. Are your actions matching your message? Example is better than precepts. What will people imitate from you? Can you say like Paul, "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ" (1 Corinthians 11:1, NIV)?
      Whatever our verbal instructions to other people, our action (character) speaks louder than our voice. Ask God to enable you live a life that will be a portrait of your message.
      I thank all of you that have reacted to my prayer request and have even started praying me. I will share the testimony of God' goodness to me soonest. The Lord will answer your prayers also in Jesus' name. Amen.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 4, 2013

[...]

        Prayer Point: Help me, O Lord, that my action will not mislead other people.

        NB

        This message was first sent out on June 20, 2004.