Living Life God's Way 6/23/2004; Draw Close

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2004

      Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.
      James 4:8
      There is nowhere we can go and escape the presence of Almighty God.
      He is everywhere. He is constantly seeking to reveal Himself to us.
      While we desire to be near Him, we also have a tendency to think of Him
      being off in the distance. A. W. Tozer said; "He is nearer than your own
      soul, closer than our most secret thoughts." It is never a question of
      God being close to us, but always of us recognizing His presence. It may
      seem that God is not speaking to us, as He does to others, as if He has
      chosen favorites. The reality is, they are choosing Him. They choose to
      surrender themselves totally and to seek Him with their whole heart;
      spending time waiting and listening for the sound of His voice. God is
      always present; it is we who are sometimes absent.
      God Today Devotions; Cheryl Curtis; 6/20/2004

      Send forth your light and your truth, let them guide me; let them bring
      me
      to your holy mountain, to the place where you dwell.
      Psalm 43:3
      We have no need to beg God to "send forth your light and truth,"
      because these qualities of God are always available for His children.
      Our prayer should be a confession of need and a commitment to being open
      to receiving His attributes. The reason we have so little of His light
      and truth is not His fault but because we have not made the kind of
      commitment necessary to receive Him. When we are WILLING to be dependent
      on His protection and dwell in His sphere of safety, He will bring us
      close to Himself. Before we are guided by the Holy Spirit, we must be
      committed to following His guidance.
      Devotionals-L; 12/2/2004