Living Life God's Way 6/2/2004; The Pursuit of Happiness
- View Source+Living Life God's Way+
Whatsoever we beg of God, let us also work for it
The Pursuit of Happiness
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Everyone is looking for happiness, and people follow many avenues to
find it. They look for it in money, self improvement programs, fancy
cars, luxurious homes or promoting a cause.
That's the wrong list. The right one is found in Matthew 5. Jesus
taught us that deep and lasting happiness comes from being right with
God. He said we are blessed, or happy, when we are:
* Poor in spirit - recognizing our desperate need for God.
* Mourning - realizing the awfulness of sin and being genuinely sorry
* Meek - demonstrating self control, even when we are mistreated.
* Hungry and thirsty for righteousness - longing to be holy and pure.
* Merciful - showing mercy to others, just as God shows mercy to us.
* Pure in heart - being single minded and sincere in our devotion to
* Peacemakers - sharing the peace Christ offers, and promoting peace
with one another.
* Persecuted - being willing to suffer for Jesus' sake.
Looking for happiness? Follow Jesus' way - Dave Branon
Happy are they who love the Lord,
Whose hearts have Christ confessed,
Who by His cross have found their life,
Beneath His yoke their rest. - Bridges
Happiness depends on what you are, not on what you have.
Our Daily Bread; 12-28-2004
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]