Living Life God's Way 6/2/2004; The Pursuit of Happiness

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2004

      Whatsoever we beg of God, let us also work for it
      Jeremy Taylor

      The Pursuit of Happiness
      Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
      Matthew 5:3
      Everyone is looking for happiness, and people follow many avenues to
      find it. They look for it in money, self improvement programs, fancy
      cars, luxurious homes or promoting a cause.
      That's the wrong list. The right one is found in Matthew 5. Jesus
      taught us that deep and lasting happiness comes from being right with
      God. He said we are blessed, or happy, when we are:

      * Poor in spirit - recognizing our desperate need for God.
      * Mourning - realizing the awfulness of sin and being genuinely sorry
      for it.
      * Meek - demonstrating self control, even when we are mistreated.
      * Hungry and thirsty for righteousness - longing to be holy and pure.
      * Merciful - showing mercy to others, just as God shows mercy to us.
      * Pure in heart - being single minded and sincere in our devotion to
      Christ
      * Peacemakers - sharing the peace Christ offers, and promoting peace
      with one another.
      * Persecuted - being willing to suffer for Jesus' sake.

      Looking for happiness? Follow Jesus' way - Dave Branon

      Happy are they who love the Lord,
      Whose hearts have Christ confessed,
      Who by His cross have found their life,
      Beneath His yoke their rest. - Bridges

      Happiness depends on what you are, not on what you have.
      Our Daily Bread; 12-28-2004