"I DO NOT KNOW HIM!"

    Message 1 of 2 , May 17, 2004

      "I DO NOT KNOW HIM!"

      "I want to know Christ and the power of his
      resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his
      sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
      (Philippians 3:10, NIV).

      One evening, a drama was acted in my family. My
      four-year-old son wanted to go to a dark room. His
      mother gave him a searchlight. However, he was
      reluctant to go. Then, this conversation ensued
      between them:
      "Mommy, I cannot go there. I am afraid."
      "Say, 'Fear, go away in Jesus' name.'"
      "Fear, go away in Jesus' name." (Yet, he was still
      reluctant to enter the room.)
      "Ask Jesus to follow you."
      "Jesus, follow me"
      "Stretch out your hand for Jesus to hold you." (He
      stretched out his hand.)
      "Mommy, I cannot go."
      "Is Jesus not with you? Don't you know Jesus again?"
      "Mommy, I don't know Him!"

      We all laughed about the last words of the boy.
      Nevertheless, many people are like him. They have been
      hearing about Jesus Christ for a long time. Probably
      they have been "worshipping" Him for a long time, but
      they have not known Jesus Christ. Such people only
      know Him factually; they have not known Him
      experientially. They have not had personal encounter
      with Him. They have not had such a deep relationship
      with Him that can make them trust Him in difficult
      moment.

      Experiential knowledge of Jesus Christ is both
      momentous and continuous. It is the saving power that
      flows from the blood of Jesus Christ. It is His
      nature, His character, His work, and with the
      salvation which He has worked out.

      It is surprising that the disciples of Jesus Christ
      spent over three years with Him, yet they did not have
      this knowledge. No wonder He confronted one of them
      with this question, "Don't you know me�even after I
      have been among you such a long time?" (John 14:9,
      NIV). Paul realized this and prayed thus: "that I may
      know Him�" (Philippians 3:10, NKJV).

      How many years have you been in faith? Do you also
      know Him? Have you come to His saving knowledge? He is
      beside you in any dark moment. Invite Him today into
      your life and your life will never remain the same.

      http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2011

[...]

        This message was first sent out on Sunday May 16, 2004.