Living Life God's Way 3/19/2004:The Father's Love

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2004

      There are joys which long to be ours. God sends ten thousand
      truths, which come about us like birds seeking inlet; but we
      are shut up to them, and so they bring us nothing, but sit
      and sing awhile upon the roof, and then fly away.
      Henry Ward Beecher

      The Father's Love
      For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me,
      and have believed that I came out from God,
      John 16:27
      Billy Bray, who was known for his constant Christian joy, once had a
      very poor crop of potatoes. He said the devil came to taunt him about
      his small potatoes and to mock him for continually rejoicing in the
      Lord. But Billy was up to the confrontation, "There you go criticizing
      my Father again," said Billy. "Why, when I served you, I had no potatoes
      at all."
      Billy has learned that discouraging experiences do not mean that our
      Heavenly Father loves us less. His love is unchanging. He loves with a
      Father's love. Paul wrote to his friends in Thessalonica about the
      comfort of knowing that the Father loves us: Now our Lord Jesus Christ
      himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and given us
      everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, comfort our hearts,
      and establish you in every good work and word (Thessalonians 2:16-17).
      If we should ever be tempted to doubt the Father's love, we can
      simply remember that he sent His Son to die for us. Every step of Jesus
      along the dusty roads of Palestine said: "The Father loves you!" Every
      lash of the cruel Roman whip in the scourging of Jesus said, "The Father
      loves you!" The shout of Jesus, "It is finished!" as He completed His
      work of redemption on the cross was really a shout conveying that same
      wonderful message: "The Father loves you!"
      Rest secure in the Father's love.
      Jack Van Impe Ministries International; 10/27/2003