God Pursues us with His Love

  • Diana Hickman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2004
      This week's promise:
      God pursues us with his love

      "I will be your God throughout your lifetime�until
      your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will
      care for you. I will carry you along and save you."

      Isaiah 46:4 NLT

      About this week's promise

      A healthy definition of love is crucial to
      understanding the central message of the Bible.
      According to the Bible, love is not confined to
      sexuality, nor is it primarily a feeling at all. The
      Bible teaches that love is a commitment. Therefore, it
      is not dependent on good feelings, but on a consistent
      and courageous decision to extend oneself for the
      well-being on another. That commitment then produces
      good feelings, not the other way around.

      Jesus became the perfect demonstration of God's
      unconditional love for us by laying down his life for
      our benefit.
      From Left Behind.com

      =====
      My Website: http://www.geocities.com/di777h

      For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.
      Jeremiah 29:11