The World Is Watching

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2004
      Our Daily BreadJanuary 10, 2004
      The World Is Watching
      Read: 1 John 2:1-11
      He who says he abides in [Jesus] ought himself also to walk just as He walked. �1 John 2:6
      Bible In One Year: Genesis 25-26; Matthew 8:1-17

      ---------------------------------

      If the people in your community were asked about the Christians who live there, what do you think they would say? Would they say they recognize Christians by their love, or because of something else?
      Consider these two true situations: In one small town a restaurant decided to close on Sunday nights because the staff refused to work for the after-evening-church crowd. The people who came from church were rude, messy, and left small tips.
      In another town, the manager of a store that sold concert tickets reported that some of the rudest people she had ever met were several who had bought tickets to hear a well-known Christian singing group.
      Sometimes we don't realize it, but the non-Christian world is watching us. Our neighbors and acquaintances and others we encounter notice our behavior. They know that if we claim to be followers of Christ we are supposed to be kind and compassionate. They know that our lives should reflect love and Christlikeness (John 13:35; 1 John 2:6). They know that we shouldn't be so busy with our own interests that we don't love other people.
      Let's make sure the people who are watching our lives will want to get to know our Savior. �Dave Branon
      I want my life to shine for Jesus
      So that everywhere I go
      The watching world will see He loves them
      And His saving grace will know. �Hess

      Nothing is so attractive as being like Christ.