Living Life God's Way 1/1/2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004

      Happy New Year In Our
      Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!

      Praise Him for all that is past. Trust Him for all that is to come.
      Joseph Hart

      Yesterday
      "You shall not go with haste,....for the Lord will go before you,
      and the God of Israel will be your rear guard."
      Isaiah 52:12
      Security from Yesterday. ".....God requires an account of what is
      past" (Ecclesiastes 3:15). At the end of the year we turn with eagerness
      to all that God has for the future, and yet anxiety is apt to arise when
      we remember our yesterdays. Our present enjoyment of God's grace tends
      to be lessened by the memory of yesterday's sins and blunders. But God
      is the God of our yesterdays, and He allows the memory of them to turn
      the past into a ministry of spiritual growth for our future. God reminds
      us of the past to protect us from a very shallow security in the
      present.
      Security for Tomorrow. "....the Lord will go before you....." This
      is a gracious revelation - that God will send His forces out where we
      have failed to do so. He will keep watch so that we will not be tripped
      up again by the same failures, as would undoubtedly happen if He were
      not our "rear guard." And God's hand reaches back to the past, settling
      all the claims against our conscience.
      Security for Today. "You shall not go out with haste...." As we
      forth forth into the coming year, let it not be in the haste of
      impetuous, forgetful delight, not with the quickness of impulsive
      thoughtlessness. But let us go out with the patient power of knowing
      that the God of Israel will go before us. Our yesterdays hold broken and
      irreversible things for us. It is true that we have lost opportunities
      that will never return, but God can transform this destructive anxiety
      into a constructive thoughtfulness for the future. Let the past rest,
      but let it rest in the sweet embrace of Christ.
      Leave the broken, irreversible past in His hands, and step out into
      the invincible future with Him.
      My Utmost For His Highest; Oswald Chambers; 12/31