An Anchor for the Storms of Life

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2003
      31 December

      An Anchor for the Storms of Life

      Proverbs 6:6

      Isn�t it funny what God can use to teach us the most fundamental things? The book of Proverbs tells us that if we want to be wise, we should look at a tiny ant! If we can learn wisdom from the way ants operate, where else might we find some key lessons?

      Let me share an example from my own life. For years and years, I had a dog� a German schnauzer whose name was Rommel. Every afternoon, as I pulled my car into the driveway, there came Rommel to greet me. Many times, he would seem to stand at attention at the top of the drive, as if he were saying, �Welcome home, sir. Everything is under control here!�

      Now sometimes, I had to correct or discipline Rommel for something he had done or for the occasional accident around the house. However, no matter what I did�whether it was spanking him or not giving him enough attention from time to time�he never seemed to love me any less. He was always happy to see me, and he always wanted to be with me.

      One day while I was playing with the dog, the Lord spoke to me. I looked at that pet and said, �Rommel, no matter what I do, you always love me. I�d like to be that kind of friend.�

      This realization taught me something about Jesus. He never changes and His love never waivers, no matter what I do or how I treat Him. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. If a dog can exemplify this simple truth, we should aim for nothing less.

      Charles Stanley

      Proverbs 6:6 Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise,

      In His Mercies,

      Becky

      http://www.geocities.com/inhismercies/

      Isaiah 38:17Behold, it was for my peace that I had intense bitterness; but You have loved back my life from the pit of corruption and nothingness, for You have cast all my sins behind Your back.