INDIVIDUAL DISCOURAGEMENT AND PERSONAL ENLARGEMENT

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 13, 2003
      INDIVIDUAL DISCOURAGEMENT AND PERSONAL ENLARGEMENT

      "Moses went out unto his brethren, and looked on their burdens."
      Exodus 2:11

      Moses saw the oppression of his people and felt certain that he was
      the one to deliver them, and in the righteous indignation of his own
      spirit he started to right their wrongs. After the first strike for
      God and for the right, God allowed Moses to be driven into blank
      discouragement, He sent him into the desert to feed sheep for forty
      years. At the end of that time, God appeared and told Moses to go and
      bring forth His people, and Moses said - "Who am I, that I should
      go?" In the beginning Moses realized that he was the man to deliver
      the people, but he had to be trained and disciplined by God first. He
      was right in the individual aspect, but he was not the man for the
      work until he had learned communion with God.

      We may have the vision of God and a very clear understanding of what
      God wants, and we start to do the thing, then comes something
      equivalent to the forty years in the wilderness, as if God had
      ignored the whole thing, and when we are thoroughly discouraged God
      comes back and revives the call, and we get the quaver in and say -
      "Oh, who am I?" We have to learn the first great stride of God - "I
      AM THAT I AM hath sent thee." We have to learn that our individual
      effort for God is an impertinence; our individuality is to be
      rendered incandescent by a personal relationship to God (see Matthew
      3:17). We fix on the individual aspect of things; we have the vision -
      "This is what God wants me to do;" but we have not got into God's
      stride. If you are going through a time of discouragement, there is a
      big personal enlargement ahead.

      Oswald Chambers