Who I Am In Christ #2

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2003
      WHO I AM IN CHRIST

      Romans 6:18
      And having been freed from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

      Slaves Of Righteousness:

      #1. Slave
      To me that means I am under authority.
      I am to be submissive and obedient to the one whom I am under
      authority to.

      #2. Righteous/Righteousness
      Doing a right thing for the RIGHT reason
      Strong's: Justification, Judgment, Justice

      apparently this means I am to be obedient to righteousness, or
      submissive to judgment/justice.......which the only Judge I have is
      my Jesus! So, I am an obedient child of the Righteous One!!!

      Romans 6:19
      I am speaking in human terms because of the weakness of your flesh.
      For just as you presented your members as slaves to impurity & to
      lawlessness, resulting in further lawlessness, so now present your
      members as slaves to righteousness, resulting in SANCTIFICATION.

      Sanctified
      Called out; set apart; yes...called out and set apart for my Jehovah
      McKoddishkem (God my Sanctifer - my favorite name for God, btw.)
      Strong's: purified; holiness

      I have learned again that I am called out, set apart, pure,
      holy.....SANCTIFIED! This means that I am not to be like the world
      and all who are of the world. I am to be of a special
      people/different people, one who is set apart from the ways of this
      world, considering/knowing that I am pure and holy because of and
      through the blood of Jesus.

      I know this ain't nothing like Charles H. Spurgeon would write, but
      hey....it comes from my heart.

      In Romans 8 verse 2 it says For the law of the Spirit of life in
      Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

      So I am FREE...........liberated; delivered. It means that Jesus set
      me free and I don't have to be a slave to sin. My master is not sin.

      Romans 8 verse 15 says For you have not received a spirit
      of "slavery" leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of
      adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"
      .....placing as a son.......giving the name and place and privilege
      of a son who is not a son by birth. He is my Daddy. Even though I
      ain't good enough, He still loves me enough to make me his kid. He is
      sooooooo much better than a real daddy. So I am chosen!!

      God's chosen one.

      Becky

      Blessed beyond measure !