Who I Am In Christ

  • Becky
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2003
      This is the first of a study I did a while back on "who I am in
      Christ,' for I am convinced this is a must to know in our
      relationship and walk with Christ.

      WHO I AM IN CHRIST

      Romans 1:6
      ...among whom you also are The Called of Jesus Christ...

      Called: means He chose me & extends an invitation... but I must
      choose to accept the calling, which is an honor. Strongs says:
      appointed. So I am appointed by God; but do I love Him enough to want
      to accept the position...Yes I Do!

      Romans 1:7 ...to all who are beloved of God in Rome....

      Beloved: that is such an endearing name...means I am truly loved by
      God...hmm, how 'bout that: I AM loved by God! Says it....so it must
      be true...Strong's defines it as "dear" &/or "loved". I am dear to
      God!

      Romans 1:7 ...called as saints...

      saints: That is one that's hard to swallow...me a saint? But the Word
      says so, therefore I must be...saint to me is holy, pure, righteous,
      devoted in love with Jesus, the whole life given over with pleasure,
      because one wants to...Strong's says: pure, morally blameless;
      consecrated (which to me means sanctified/set apart/called out); holy.

      In just those 2 verses, His Word tells me that I am "The
      Called", "Beloved", & "a Saint". Now normally I could argue that all
      day & justify how I do not qualify, or am not good enough. But, guess
      that's a lie!!!! NO, I AINT good enough, but Jesus MADE ME good
      enough (thank you J.C.)! So, since the Word says it , & the Word does
      not lie, cause God does not lie, & I know beyond a shadow of a doubt
      that Jesus died for me & my sins were & are forgiven & I am covered
      by His blood.....well.....I do qualify for the above
      names/positions/titles whatever you call 'em.

      It's humbling.....it almost hurts me because I haven't been walking
      as such & have been denying this for myself...meaning I have been
      saying I am smarter than God & He's wrong/a liar. Forgive me Lord!

      In His Mercies,
      Becky

      Isaiah 38:17 Behold, it was for my peace that I had intense
      bitterness; but You have loved back my life from the pit of
      corruption and nothingness, for You have cast all my sins behind Your
      back.

      If you meet me and forget me, you lose nothing...but if you meet
      Jesus and forget Him, you lose everything!

      The safest road to hell is the gradual one-the gentle slope, soft
      underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without
      signposts. C.S. Lewis

      http://my.homewithgod.com/inhismercies/