The Son...JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU!!!!

  • angelic_missionary_for_jesus
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 20 4:24 PM
      The Son
      ========

      Every Sunday afternoon, after the morning service at their
      church, the Pastor and his 11-year-old son would go out into
      their town and hand out Gospel tracts.

      This particular Sunday afternoon, as it came time for the
      Pastor and his son to go to the streets with their tracts, it
      was very cold outside as well as pouring down rain. The boy
      bundled up in his warmest and driest clothes and said "Okay Dad,
      I'm ready."

      His Pastor Dad asked, "Ready for what?"

      "Dad, it's time we gather our tracts together and go
      out." Dad responds, "Son, it's very cold outside and it's
      pouring down rain." The boy gives his Dad a surprised look,
      asking, "But Dad, aren't people still going to Hell even though
      it's raining?"

      Dad answers, "Son, I am not going out in this weather."
      Despondently the boy asks, "Dad, can I go-- Please?"

      His father hesitated for a moment then said, "Son, you can go.
      Here are the tracts; be careful son."
      "Thanks, Dad!" And with that he was off and out into the rain.

      This 11-year-old boy walked the streets of the town going
      door-to-door and handing everybody he met in the street a Gospel
      tract.

      After two hours of walking in the rain, he was soaking bone-chilled
      wet and down to his very last tract. He stopped on a corner and
      looked for someone to hand a tract to but the streets were
      totally deserted.

      Then he turned toward the first home he saw and started up the
      sidewalk to the front door and rang the doorbell.

      He rang the bell -- but nobody answered. He rang it again and
      again, but still no one answered. He waited but still no answer.
      Finally, this 11-year-old trooper turned to leave but something
      stopped him.

      Again, he turned to the door and rang the bell and knocked
      loudly on the door with his fist. He waited; something held
      him there on the front porch. He rang again, and this time the
      door slowly opened.

      Standing in the doorway was a very sad looking elderly lady.
      She softly asked, "What can I do for you, son?"

      With radiant eyes and a smile that lit up her world, this little
      boy said, "Ma'am, I'm sorry if I disturbed you, but I just want
      to tell you that JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU! I came to give you
      my very last Gospel tract which will tell you all about Jesus
      and His great love."

      With that he handed her his last tract and turned to leave.
      She called to him as he departed,
      "Thank you, son! And God bless you!"

      Well, the following Sunday morning in church, Pastor Dad was in
      the pulpit and as the service began he asked, "Does anybody have
      a testimony or want to say anything?"

      Slowly, in the back row of the church, an elderly lady stood to
      her feet.

      As she began to speak, a look of glorious radiance came from her
      face. "None of you in this church know me. I've never been
      here before. You see, before last Sunday I was not a Christian.

      My husband has passed on, some time ago, leaving me totally
      alone in this world. Last Sunday, being a particularly cold and
      rainy day, it was even more so in my heart . . . as I came to
      the end of the line where I no longer had any hope or will to
      live.

      "So I took a rope and a chair and ascended the stairway into the
      attic of my home. I fastened the rope securely to a rafter in
      the roof then stood on the chair and fastened the other end of
      the rope around my neck.
      "Standing on that chair, so lonely and brokenhearted, I was
      about to leap off when suddenly the loud ringing of my doorbell
      downstairs startled me.

      I thought, 'I'll wait a minute, and whoever it is will go away.'

      "I waited and waited but the ringing doorbell seemed to get
      louder and more insistent and then the person ringing also
      started knocking loudly.

      I thought to myself again, 'Who on earth could this be?
      Nobody ever rings my bell or comes to see me!'
      I loosened the rope from my neck and started for the front
      door, all the while the bell rang louder and louder.

      "When I opened the door and looked, I could hardly believe my
      eyes! There on my front porch was the most radiant and
      angelic little boy I had ever seen in my life!

      His smile! Oh, I could never describe it to you! And the words
      that came from his mouth caused my heart, that had long been
      dead, to leap to life as he exclaimed with cherub-like
      voice,

      'Ma'am, I just came to tell you that JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE
      YOU.'

      "Then he gave me this Gospel tract that I now hold in my hand.

      As the little angel disappeared back out, into the cold and
      rain, I closed my door and read slowly every word of this Gospel
      tract. Then I went up to my attic to get my rope and chair.

      I wouldn't be needing them any more.

      "You see, I am now a happy child of the KING, and since the
      address of your church was on the back of this Gospel tract I
      have come here to personally say, Thank you to God's little
      angel who came just in the nick of time, and by so doing, spared
      my soul from an eternity in Hell."

      There were now no dry eyes in the church. As shouts of praise
      and honor to the KING resounded off the very rafters of the
      building, Pastor Dad descended from the pulpit to the front pew
      where the little angel was seated.

      He took him in his arms and sobbed uncontrollably. Probably no
      church has had a more glorious moment and probably this Universe
      has never seen a Papa that was more filled with love and honor
      for his son, except for one:

      This Father, God, also allowed His Son, Jesus, to go out into a
      cold and dark world. He received His Son back with joy
      unspeakable, and as all of Heaven shouted praises and honor to
      the King, the Father sat His beloved Son on a throne far above
      all principality and power and every name that is named.

      There may be someone, reading this, who is also going through a
      dark, cold, and lonely time in your soul.

      You may be a Christian, for we are not without problems, or you
      may not yet know the King. Whatever the case and whatever the
      problem or situation you find yourself in, and no matter how
      dark it may seem, I want you to know that I just came to tell
      you, "JESUS REALLY DOES LOVE YOU!"