  • gap_ministries
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      (They will come!)
      Daily Deliberations
      May 04, 2002

      Know that as you try to move closer to the Lord and His will for
      your lives that the enemy will attack you at your weakest link! That
      link may be at a personal flaw we have or may be our children, our
      spouse, family, job etc.…. It doesn't matter necessarily what our
      weakness is just as long as we recognize it and allow the Lord to
      strengthen us with His Word! His Word is a Sword that cuts through
      the lies and deception that Satan offers in this world!
      You are the "light" of the world:

      *Matthew 6:14 says Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set
      on a hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it
      under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all
      that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they
      may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

      God Almighty has chosen you as a vessel He can shine through to a
      lost and dying world! So naturally Satan wants to come and attack you
      with temptations. If he can get you to succumb to those temptations
      then the "Light" cannot shine through a darkened vessel!
      As long we see and understand his m.o. (method of operation) then
      we can stay on the winning side. His m.o is to use what he can to
      influence you:

      *Proverbs 1:10 says My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not.

      The Lord God Almighty Himself breathed the very breath of life
      into you, into me! With that understanding look at the word consent:

      "Consent #14 'abah (aw-baw') to breathe after.

      We must "breathe after" the Word of God and then victory will be
      ours! Satan tempted Jesus Christ Himself in Matthew and Luke chapters
      4. The only way Jesus Christ defeated Satan was by and with the
      Sword, the Word of God! Here is an example:

      *Luke 4:8 says And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind
      me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God,
      and him only shalt thou serve.

      We must be able to say to the enemy when he comes "it is
      written"! That's the only thing that will defeat Satan. If we try to
      argue with him we'll lose each and every time!
      Satan wants to make you feel inferior or ashamed for your
      weakness. He wants to make you feel as if no one else has this
      particular problem. Let's see what God says for He cannot lie while
      Satan is not only a liar but the father of lies:

      *1 Corinthians 10:13 says There hath no temptation taken you but such
      as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to
      be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also
      make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

      We all go through temptations; being tempted doesn't make us bad
      only human! It's when we succumb to that temptation the sin arises
      and our vessel becomes darkened.
      We must learn to pray to avoid temptation that Satan brings at
      us. Look at what Christ told Simon Peter:

      *Luke 22:31 says And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath
      desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:

      Note that Christ called Peter Simon here at first. Simon fully
      translated means "hearing"! In other words Christ is telling Peter
      to "hear with understanding" My next Words! Satan the accuser desired
      to sift Simon.
      "Desired" #1809 exaiteomai (ex-ahee-teh'-om-ahee) to demand for trial.
      "Sift" 4617 siniazo (sin-ee-ad'-zo) a sieve which is a utensil with
      holes to separate particles, to riddle.
      Satan wanted to take Peter's life and sift him as the wheat from
      the chaff. Jesus Christ was teaching Peter how he could come through
      this temptation victoriously! How? By Prayer!

      *Luke 22:32-34 says But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail
      not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. And he
      said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison,
      and to death. And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not
      crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knowest
      *Luke 22:40 says And when he was at the place, he said unto them,
      Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

      Sure Peter loved the Lord and he really meant from the heart what
      he had stated! The problem is that the spirit is indeed willing but
      the flesh is weak! Prayer allows us to put the flesh down and make
      our spiritual man stronger! We must "stay awake" spiritually so we
      will not fall into temptation:

      *Luke 22:45-46 says And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to
      his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow, And said unto them,
      Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

      The spirit was sound asleep as the flesh. Jesus Christ taught
      that we must "awake" spiritually and "rise". To "rise" comes only by
      being alone with our Father in our prayer closet in prayer! Here is
      the formula to keep from entering into temptation if we'll only take
      heed and follow it! Prayer keeps us from entering into the door of
      Let's look at this example in the great Gospel of Mark:

      *Mark 14:37-38 says And he cometh, and findeth them sleeping, and
      saith unto Peter, Simon, sleepest thou? couldest not thou watch one
      hour? Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit
      truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.

      In verses 66-72 of this same chapter of Mark you can read of
      Peter's failure as he denied Christ. He fell into temptation and
      denied Christ as his Lord. Today with our words, with our actions we
      can and sadly sometimes do "deny" Jesus Christ! To see this fully we
      must understand the word "deny" from the Greek. In the future I hope
      (Lord Willing) to do a complete study on this word:

      "Deny" #720 arneomai (ar-neh'-om-ahee) to contradict.

      We can't say we love the Lord and then deny His way of life, His
      teaching of love and good will, His command to go into all of the
      world and preach the Gospel to a lost and dark dying world! Awake,
      rise and pray! Temptations will come but we know how to win the
      battle day by day letting the Light of Christ shine through!

      GAP Ministries
      PO Box 1145
      Dover, AR 72837