"Trust"

  • gap_ministries
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2002
      "Trust"
      (Where do you put yours?)
      Daily Deliberations
      May 3,2002

      Q. Define the word "trust":
      A. Trust is to have a firm belief or a confident expectation in
      something or someone.

      Q. Today in a period of mediation ask yourself: where have I put my
      trust? Lord open our eyes and show us the "truth"!
      A. Only with deep soul searching can we honestly answer this
      question. For they are many people and many things for us to put our
      trust.

      "Many trust in":
      The economy, in mother nature, in scientists, in governmental leaders
      and programs, in positive thinking that things have always worked
      themselves out and they always will no matter what I personally do or
      don't do, while others completely trust in themselves.
      There is only one absolute that we can always "bank" our lives
      upon and that's the Lord God Almighty and His Living Word:

      *Proverbs 3:5-6 says Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean
      not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,
      and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear
      the LORD, and depart from evil.

      When mankind starts to put their trust in the Lord one by one
      thing start to change for the better. They are things that I have
      thought to be "truth" and I put my trust in them until the Light of
      the Truth of the Word shone down deep into my heart.
      For the Lord to lead me where He wants me to go I must put aside
      my faith from the things seen and put my "trust" in Him. My wisdom
      apart from Him is only by sight and those things seen are not always
      what they seem! Look at what Job said concerning trusting the Lord:

      *Job 13:15-16 says Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I
      will maintain mine own ways before him. He also shall be my
      salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.

      Think about what all Job had been through, what he had lost from
      the flesh's perspective. Yet Job was determined to keep his "trust"
      in the Lord God Almighty to the point of living in God's ways and not
      mans. When trouble come many want to go in the path of the least
      resistance! Being a Christian will not always be easy (remember
      Christ's example) but you will always have peace of mind. Don't trust
      in yourself, in any other gods and not in:

      *Psalms 20:7 says Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we
      will remember the name of the LORD our God.

      "Remember" #2142 zakar (zaw-kar') to mark so as to be recognized.

      Have you got the Lord God Almighty "marked" down in your minds as
      your Father, your Savior, your Healer, your Provider, your Deliverer,
      your Substainer etc.…. Thank God for our military and we must pray
      for each person that is serving you and me but unless God helps them
      we have no hope. Only by God's grace we are a free country and if His
      grace is taken away so will be this country! Everything that we see
      will one day be dissolved according to 2 Peter chapter 3. We want to
      put our "trust" in the Creator and not the creation, not in money:

      *Psalms 49:6-8 says They that trust in their wealth, and boast
      themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any
      means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him: (For the
      redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)

      Many have put their "trust" in uncertain riches and have sold
      their own soul for the temporal. The "true" eternal things cannot be
      bought with the temporal things of this world! Jesus Christ paid the
      price of our sins by His Blood, with His life on the Cross-at
      Cavalry! What is the present day trust in money, in possessions worth:

      *Matthew 16:26 says For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the
      whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in
      exchange for his soul?

      Ask the Lord to direct you, to direct me to put and keep
      our "trust" in Him and Him only! He will be our shield in time of
      trouble:

      *Proverbs 30:5 says Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto
      them that put their trust in him.

      GAP Ministries
      PO Box 1145
      Dover, AR 72837
      Gap_ministries@...

      "REMEMBER GOD'S WORD WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE!"