WHERE IS YOUR GOD?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2014

      WHERE IS YOUR GOD?

      “God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth” (John 4:24 NKJV).

      Ordinarily, a simple answer to the question “Where is God?” is God is in heaven. The psalmist confirmed this: “our God is in heaven” (Ps 115:3 NKJV. See also Psalm 2:4; 14:2; 18:13; 20:6; 33:13; 123:1). However, God is omnipresent and everywhere. This was what Jacob discovered on his way to Panda Aran when he was running away from Esau, his brother (see Genesis 28:16). The psalmist also confirmed this elaborately in Psalm 139. Other Bible references that attest to the omnipresence of God are Deuteronomy 4:39; 10:14; Proverbs 15:3; Isaiah 66:1; Jeremiah 23:23-24; Amos 9:2.

      The doctrine of omnipresence of God is both comforting and frightening. It is comforting because it assures the believer that God is at hand to save His people anywhere from any danger or foe (see Isaiah 43:2). No wonder, the psalmist could say, “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; FOR YOU ARE WITH ME; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me” (Psalm 23:4 NKJV emphasis mine). However, it is frightening because no one has any hiding place from the presence of God and nothing is secret to Him. The psalmist emphasized this in Psalm 139.

      Another fact that many people have not understood is that the omnipresence of God connotes that the actual nearness of God and a real communion with Him may be enjoyed everywhere, even apart from the places hallowed for such purpose. So, one does not need to get to a particular place before one commune with or worship God. The Samaritan woman in John 4 did not understand this, and she was arguing with Jesus Christ about where one should worship God. Jesus’ response corrects the erroneous belief of the woman and many other people nowadays that think that they cannot commune with or worship God until they get to a particular location.

      Where is your God? Do you realize that He is with you and that you can commune with or worship Him anywhere? God is everywhere and He desires that people relate with Him anywhere they are.

      "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).