WHEN YOU ARE ACCUSED FALSELY

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2013

      WHEN YOU ARE ACCUSED FALSELY

      �When his master heard the story his wife told him, saying, �This is how
      your slave treated me,� he burned with anger. Joseph's master took him and
      put him in prison...� (Genesis 39:19-20 NIV).

      One of my friends sought my counsel recently. Being one of the people in
      charge of counting collected church offerings, he was accused of stealing
      out of the offerings. He was not happy about the whole issue.I asked him
      whether the allegation was true or not. He confessed that it was false. I
      counselled him to leave everything to God and allow God to vindicate him.

      The counsel was bitter for him to accept. I then reminded him of Joseph�s
      story in the house of Potiphar in Egypt. Here was a man who was sold into
      slavery by his own brothers. His master�s wife accused him falsely, and he
      was thrown into prison. However, he left everything to God and allowed God
      to vindicate him. God did vindicate him. The next verses attest to this:
      �But while Joseph was there in the prison, the Lord was with him; he showed
      him kindness and granted him favor in the eyes of the prison warden. So the
      warden put Joseph in charge of all those held in the prison, and he was
      made responsible for all that was done there�(Genesis 39:20-22NIV). That
      was not the end of the story. Joseph came out of prison to become the prime
      minister in a foreign land. Interestingly, nothing was heard again about
      Potiphar and his wife. Joseph was indeed vindicated.

      Have you been accused falsely? Are you serving a punishment for that false
      accusation? Leave everything to God. God is with you. He will show you
      kindness and grant you favour even in that situation. He will eventually
      vindicate you.

      Prayer Point: Vindicate me, O Lord, when I am accused wrongly.