HE SENT HIM THERE

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24 2:10 PM

      HE SENT HIM THERE

      "�and he sent a man before them � Joseph, sold as a slave. They bruised his
      feet with shackles, his neck was put in irons�" (Psalm 105:17-18 NIV).

      The story of Joseph has been one of the pathetic but interesting stories in
      the Bible. Joseph, a loved child, was hated by his elder brothers because
      of his destine. He was thrown to an empty cistern by these brothers who
      earlier planned to kill him. They sold him as slave to foreigners who took
      him to Egypt. In Egypt, he was sent to prison for a sin he did not commit.
      You can imagine the hardship he would have as a slave and a prisoner � the
      bruises of shackles in his feet, the pains of iron chains on his neck, etc.
      Even in prison, he was forgotten by those that should have rescued him from
      all these misfortunes. In spite of this, God was working behind the scene
      for his good. Remember that in each of these situations, the Bible records
      it that the Lord grant him favour in the eyes of everybody (see Genesis
      39:4, 5, 21-23). In fact, he confirmed it to his brothers later that it was
      God that sent him ahead of them to Egypt to preserve lives (see Genesis
      45:5-7; 50:20). Actually, Joseph's story was not a tragedy, for he was made
      the prime minister of Egypt the very day he was brought out of prison.

      Think of yourself. What are you passing through? What is happening to you
      now that seems as misfortune? What shackles and irons of hardship are you
      experiencing now? Who knows, it may be God that sent you to this apparent
      misfortune to bring something good out of you. He may be purifying you as
      gold in fire of life so that you will come out more shining (see 1 Peter
      1:6-7). The Psalmist corroborates this. Hear him: "For you, O God, tested
      us; you refined us like silver. You brought us into prison and laid burdens
      on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and
      water, but you brought us to a place of abundance" (Psalm 66:10-12 NIV).

      Beloved, no matter what you are passing through, God knows about it, and He
      has a purpose for allowing it. Paul confirms this in Romans 8:28, "And we
      know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who
      have been called according to his purpose" (NIV).

      He sent you there � for a purpose!

      Prayer Point: Lord, let the purpose of bringing me to my present situation
      come to pass in your own time in Jesus� name. Amen.

      NB

      This message was first sent out on May 22, 2005.