YOUR SITUATION WILL NOT OVERCOME YOU!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10, 2013

      YOUR SITUATION WILL NOT OVERCOME YOU!

      �But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed
      you, O Israel: �Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by
      your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with
      you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk
      through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you.
      For I am the Lord your God....�� (Isaiah 43:1-3a NKJV).

      There have been controversies among Bible scholars about the date and
      authorship of the later part of the Book of Isaiah especially Chapters
      40-66. However, whether this part was written as a futuristic prophecy or
      immediate one, it is a fact that the prophecy is applicable to us today.
      Let me focus my devotional message this week on the first verses of Isaiah
      43. From history as confirmed by many Bible passages, the people of Judah
      were taken to captivity in Babylon. It seemed that all hope was lost for
      them. They were indeed depressed and downcast. However, in this hopeless
      situation, God reminded them that He was their Creator who have redeemed
      them and summoned them by name, therefore, they needed not be afraid. God
      promised to be with them in their miserable situation and that the
      situation would not overcome them. He reminded them that they were precious
      to Him and that He would rescue them out of their disheartened situation
      and bring them back to their home land. God did fulfil these promises for
      the people of Judah.

      The Lord has been faithful in fulfilling these promises for His people,
      especially those that diligently put their trust in Him. They may pass
      through many waters and rivers of life, but they will not be drowned in
      them. They may walk through the fire of life, it will not burn them nor
      shall it scorch them. They need not fear all these adversities of life
      because the Lord will be with them (compare Psalm 23:4).

      What are you passing through now? Do not lose heart! No matter the seeming
      hopeless situation, the Lord is with you. The situation will not overcome
      you. You will indeed overcome the situation for the Lord is with you.

      Prayer Point: According to Your word, oh Lord, save and deliver me from all
      my adversities and do not let my situation overcome me in Jesus Christ�s
      name. Amen.