SINCE JESUS CAME INTO MY HEART

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22, 2013

      SINCE JESUS CAME INTO MY HEART

      �Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things
      passed away; behold, new things have come� (2 Corinthians 5:17 NASU).

      Honestly, I was not familiar with the hymn, SINCE JESUS CAME INTO MY HEART,
      until an elderly pastor sang it as solo in one of the chapel services of my
      office. The way the pastor sang it made me have interest in the hymn and
      its lyrics. The hymn was written by Rufus Henry McDaniel who was born in
      1850 and started preaching at age nineteen. In 1914, following the untimely
      death of his son, Rufus Henry McDaniel penned the words of this hymn as an
      expression of his faith and hope. Undoubtedly, the message of the hymn is
      captivating. If Jesus indeed has come into one�s heart, there should be
      obvious changes. This hymn talks about some of these changes.

      If Jesus has come into one�s heart, a wonderful change will take place in
      one�s life; there will be a light in one�s soul for which everyone has been
      longing for. Floods of joy will roll over the soul of such person like the
      sea billows. Anyone that Jesus comes into his/her heart will cease from
      his/her wandering and going astray, and his/her sins which are many will
      all be washed away. Such person will possess a hope that is steadfast and
      sure, and no dark clouds of doubt will obscure his/her pathway. There will
      be a light in the valley of death now for anyone who Jesus comes into
      his/her heart and he/she will be able to see the gates of the heavenly City
      beyond. In fact, he/she shall go there to dwell in that City at the end of
      this Age.

      �Since Jesus came into my heart....� Can you honestly and joyfully sing
      that hymn? Have you experienced that wonderful change that happens to
      anyone that Jesus comes into his/her heart? Jesus Christ says, �Behold, I
      stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I
      will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me� (Revelation
      3:20 NASU). Will you accept that He come into your heart today? If you have
      accepted Him before, how has your own faith in Christ transformed your life?

      Prayer Point: Lord Jesus, I sincerely invite you into my heart today. Come,
      and let me experience Your wonderful change in my life.