DO NOT REJECT YOUR GOD!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2013

      DO NOT REJECT YOUR GOD!

      "Because this people has rejected the gently flowing waters of Shiloah...,
      therefore the Lord is about to bring against them the mighty floodwaters of
      the River...� (Isaiah 8:6-7a NIV).

      The kingdoms of Israel and Aram were waging war against the kingdom of
      Judah (see Isaiah 7:1). The Lord sent Prophet Isaiah to the people of Judah
      to give them the opportunity of trusting in Him for victory. However, the
      people of Judah under the leadership of King Ahaz acted foolishly. They
      rejected their God and trusted in a seemingly powerful king of Assyria (see
      2 Kings 16:7). The Lord prophesied through Isaiah that since they have
      rejected their God who is like �the gently flowing waters of Shiloah�, the
      �mighty flood of Assyria� that they trusted will indeed overflow their
      enemies, but it will also sweep on into Judah and overflow it as well
      (Isaiah 8:5-8). It would have been better to trust wholly in God. No
      wonder, the psalmist said, �Those who rush to other gods bring many
      troubles on themselves� (Psalm 16:4 TEV).

      It is unfortunate that many people nowadays are like those foolish Jews.
      Like in Paul�s words, they �...claimed to be wise, they became fools and
      exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal
      man and birds and animals and reptiles� (Romans 1:22-23 NIV). Some of them
      even claim that there is no God! Interestingly, these foolish people
      indirectly worship what is less than God and they are been tormented by
      their self-imposed �gods�. They only will not be ready to openly admit this.

      In what ways are you also rejecting your God? Do you acknowledge Him in all
      your endeavours? Do you think you can succeed without Him? Do not reject
      your God. Trust wholly in Him, and you will testify to His goodness over
      your life in Jesus� name. Amen. Jesus promises, "Come to me, all you who
      are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and
      learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest
      for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light" (Matthew
      11:28-30 NIV).

      Prayer Point: Pray that you will in no way reject God, but wholly trust in
      Him in all your endeavours.