    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 15, 2013

      �[Jotham] did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, just as his father
      Uzziah had done� (2 Kings 15:34 NIV).

      Recently, the theme of the morning devotional thought in my family was
      about following good examples of fathers as it was demonstrated by Uzziah
      and Jotham. Both of them were kings in Judah. The former was the father of
      the latter. In the early years of Uzziah as king, he did what was right in
      the eyes of the Lord, and, undoubtedly, he instructed his children in the
      ways of the Lord and laid good examples for them until later in his years
      when he was successful and became proud towards God. However, his son
      followed his good example.

      As I led the devotional thought that morning, I laid emphasis on the fact
      that fathers should not only instruct their children to do good things,
      that they (the fathers) should be ready to show the example of doing good
      things to their children. Since the message that day was directly for me,
      the father of the house, I was challenged to allow my children to frankly
      tell me the good and bad examples they see in me. It was like giving them
      score sheets to evaluate me. Each of the children told me what they
      consider as good and bad in my behaviours. I decided not to defend myself
      that day for the good and seemingly bad behaviours they pointed out.

      As a father or a leader, can you allow your children or subordinates to
      openly evaluate you? What will be your score sheet if your children or
      subordinates have such opportunity? Fathers have great responsibilities in
      showing their children good examples. That is the best legacy they can give
      their children. Will your children score you high on this? What will be
      your score sheet?

      Happy Father�s Day!

      Prayer Point: Pray for fathers that we will lay good examples for our
      children to follow.

      BB PIN:29275BB9