HONOR GOD WITH YOUR BODY

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2013
      Dearly Beloved,

      HONOR GOD WITH YOUR BODY

      �Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in
      you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought
      at a price. Therefore honor God with your body� (1 Corinthians 6:19-20 NIV).

      In 1987, World Health Organization (WHO) created World No Tobacco Day
      (WNTD) to be observed every year on May 31 around the world intended to
      encourage a 24-hour period of abstinence from all forms of tobacco
      consumption across the globe. Furthermore, the day is intended to draw
      global attention to the widespread prevalence of tobacco use and to
      negative health effects, which currently lead to 5.4 million deaths
      worldwide annually. Since 1988, the day has been observed every year with
      different themes. The theme for this year was �Ban tobacco advertising,
      promotion and sponsorship�.

      Recently, I watched a documentary on a national network television
      programme on adverse effects of smoking cigarette in particular and using
      tobacco in general to human beings. These effects were analyzed in the
      documentary, then some people, especially those that have the smoking
      habit, were interviewed. One of the people admitted that smoking is not
      good, and that he has been trying to stop the habit, but he cannot stop it
      because he has been addicted to it. Another person was indifferent to the
      adverse effects. To him, something will eventually kill one, so what is the
      big deal in warning people against smoking cigarette or using tobacco?

      It is interesting that some people even argue that smoking cigarette or
      using tobacco is not condemned in the Bible, so, it is never a sin to smoke
      cigarette or use tobacco! Well, it is a fact that the Bible does not
      expressly condemn smoking cigarette or using tobacco, but it teaches how to
      take care of our body which belongs to God. If smoking cigarette and using
      tobacco are dangerous to one�s body, why knowing destroying that body that
      really belongs to God? If one does not like oneself or cares about what
      happens to one�s body, why not honor God who really owns the body?

      Honor God with your body!

      Prayer Point: Pray for all that have been addicted to smoking cigarette or
      using tobacco that they will conscious make efforts to forsake the habit.