MOTHERS DESERVE MORE HONOUR!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013
      MOTHERS DESERVE MORE HONOUR!
      “A capable, intelligent, and virtuous woman — who is he who can find
      her? She is far more precious than jewels and her value is far above
      rubies or pearls” (Proverbs 31:10 AMP).
      Mother’s Day is a celebration honouring mothers and motherhood,
      maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in the society. It is
      celebrated on various days in many parts of the world, most commonly
      in March (in most European countries and especially by the Roman
      Catholics and some Protestant denominations) or May (in the United
      States of America and among many Evangelical denominations). Because
      these various countries and denominations have influences on the
      African Christians, the Day is celebrated at least twice in many
      African countries around the months of March and May.
      A friend on Facebook joking posted on his Facebook wall last year that
      the honour for mothers is too much and asked why two days should be
      dedicated for them in a year. To him, if care is not taken, women will
      ask for more days of celebration in their honour. The post might be a
      joke, but I replied him that mothers indeed deserve more days of
      honour in a year.
      My mother was superb when it comes to taking care of her husband,
      children, grandchildren, relatives, and even other people that she had
      contact with. I can never forget her. My wife is more than excellent
      when it comes to exhibiting virtues of motherhood. She demonstrates
      this even to the livestock that we rear at home. As young as my
      daughter is (just above ten years of age), she has been showing the
      enviable traits of motherhood! Almost all my sisters, female cousins,
      nieces, and female intimate friends have these virtues in considerable
      degrees. I thank God for their lives! Indeed, mothers deserve more
      honour. It is not too much if every day is dedicated to celebrating
      them.
      However, not every mother deserves this honour, because there are some
      worthless women that care less about their children. They do not have
      the virtues enumerated in Proverbs 31:10-31. Their husbands and
      children cannot praise them because of who they are and what they have
      done (and is still doing). Are you such a mother?
      Virtuous mothers deserve more honour. Happy Mother’s Day!
      Prayer Points:
      1. Thank God for all virtuous mothers throughout the world.
      2. Pray that the Lord will honor them for all their sacrifices to
      their husbands, children and others.
      3. If you are a lady, pray that the Lord will make you a virtuous
      woman indeed.
      NB
      I dedicate this message to all virtuous mothers, especially my late
      mother, Hannah Abiola Afolaranmi, who slept in the Lord on October 28,
      2012. You all deserve more honour!