"IS IT TOO LATE?"

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27 12:14 PM

      "IS IT TOO LATE?"

      "The children born during your bereavement will yet say in your hearing,
      'This place is too small for us; give us more space to live in.' Then you
      will say in your heart, 'Who bore me these? I was bereaved and barren; I
      was exiled and rejected. Who brought these up? I was left all alone, but
      these--where have they come from?'" (Isaiah 49:20-21 NIV).

      I was with my father in his farmhouse some years ago when he was telling me
      his life story. It was the early part of his marriage with my mother. They
      had lost their first three sons in succession. All his contemporaries were
      successfully having children. It seemed that there was no hope of having
      another child. As he was in that same farmhouse one afternoon pondering
      about his dilemma, he heard a voice saying: "IS IT TOO LATE?" He did not
      know the source of the voice, but he believed that it came from God, and
      that it was actually not too late for him and his young wife to have
      children that would live.

      That was about forty years ago. The Lord has now blessed my parents with
      five sons, three daughters and eight other grandchildren - all alive to
      God's glory! It was indeed not too late for my father to be a biological
      father and even now a grandfather. The bereaved family of two is now about
      twenty. My parents still wonder till today that they could have such number
      of living children.

      I remembered this situation as I was reading the above Bible passage
      recently. Hannah was in a similar situation. The Bible introduced her as a
      sad childless woman (1 Samuel 1:2-7). However, God changed her story. She
      later had three sons and two daughters after giving birth to that great man
      of God, Samuel (1 Samuel 2:21).

      What is your situation? Do you also have a similar situation? It may not be
      childlessness. It may be any other seemingly hopeless situation. Let me
      reaffirm it that IT IS NOT TOO LATE! The Lord is not done with you yet. He
      will arise in His appointed time and manifest His power in your life.
      Remember the words the Psalmist, "When the LORD brought back the captives
      to Zion, we were like men who dreamed. Our mouths were filled with
      laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the
      nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great
      things for us, and we are filled with joy" (Psalm 126:1-3 NIV. Read also
      Jeremiah 31:16-17).

      In His service,

      Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor)

      Prayer Point: Lord, arise in Your appointed time and manifest Your power in
      my life in Jesus´┐Ż name. Amen.

      NB

      This message was first sent out on October 31, 2004.