THERE IS NO OTHER INTERMEDIARY!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2013

      THERE IS NO OTHER INTERMEDIARY!

      �Jesus answered, �I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to
      the Father except through me�� (John 14:6 NIV).

      �For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ
      Jesus� (1 Timothy 2:5 NIV).

      The supremacy of Jesus Christ (as explained briefly two weeks ago) cannot
      be over-emphasized. This was the thrust of the book to the Hebrews.
      However, it amuses me to see some people trying to place other prophets,
      priests, and even religious leaders side by side with Jesus or even above
      Him when these people are relating with God. To some of these people, they
      are honouring Jesus Christ by going to God through other means. To others,
      they are following the Old Testament examples of relating with God through
      prophets, priests and angels. Others are just ignorant of their position in
      God or are too lazy to relate with God directly, so, they depend on their
      religious leaders to relate with God for them. However, the truth of the
      matter is that there is no other mediator or intermediary between God and
      man except Jesus Christ, and He has encouraged us to come boldly and
      directly to Him.

      The scope of this message cannot accommodate all the explanations and Bible
      verses about this matter. Nevertheless, let me use this illustration to
      buttress the matter: my son will boldly and directly come to me for
      anything he needs, and I do not need any intermediary to relate with him.
      If he cannot come boldly and directly to me, then something is wrong
      somewhere. If God is your heavenly Father, and you are genuinely His son or
      daughter, you should be able to relate with Him directly without any other
      intermediary apart from Jesus Christ.

      Let me briefly quote some verses from the book to the Hebrews:

      �In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many
      times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by
      his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the
      universe� (Hebrews 1:1-2 NIV).

      �Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the
      heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.
      For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our
      weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we
      are � yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with
      confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our
      time of need� (Hebrews 4:14-16 NIV).

      �But the ministry Jesus has received is as superior to theirs as the
      covenant of which he is mediator is superior to the old one, and it is
      founded on better promises� (Hebrews 8:6 NIV).

      �Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith...�
      (Hebrews 12:2 NIV).

      You may ask about the roles of religious leaders. They are not
      intermediaries between God and people like the Old Testament priests and
      prophets. Their roles are now advisory. They are like a shepherd to the
      flock (see 1 Peter 5:1-4). They are to lead and disciple others who will be
      able to lead and disciple other people (see Ephesians 4:11-13; 2 Timothy
      2:2).

      Are you still relating with God through any other intermediary apart from
      Jesus Christ? Or, are you making people to depend on you or any other means
      to relate with God? That is an aberration. There is no other intermediary
      between man and God except Jesus Christ! Relate with Him directly and you
      will really enjoy your relationship with Him.

      Prayer Point: God, help me to relate with You directly and boldly without
      any other intermediary apart from the Lord Jesus Christ so as to enjoy You
      wholly, and do not let me mislead other people to have any other
      intermediary between them and You apart from the Lord Jesus Christ.