THOU MY EVERLASTING PORTION

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 19, 2013

      THOU MY EVERLASTING PORTION

      "'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'Therefore I hope in Him!'"
      (Lamentation 3:24 NKJV).

      "Come near to God, and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you
      sinners! Purify your hearts, you hypocrites!" (James 4:8 TEV).

      Hymns of Fanny Jane Crosby have always fascinate me. Here was a blind lady
      who in spite of her disability surrendered her life to be used by her
      Creator as a hymn writer whose hymns are still blessing millions of souls
      till today. From available history, one of her hymns titled "Close to Thee"
      was composed when Silas Jones Vail came to her with a composed tune and
      asked her to think of some words to go with the tune. As Vail played the
      tune, Crosby remarked that the refrain sounded like "Close to Thee; close
      to thee." Vail consented, and Crosby composed the lyrics of the hymn with
      the first line "Thou my everlasting Portion."

      For anyone who really knows whom he/she is serving, God is indeed a
      believer's everlasting Portion, who is more than friend or life to the
      believer. Therefore, every believer's desire should be to walk with the
      Saviour closely in all the believer's pilgrim journey on earth. It should
      not be for ease or worldly pleasure, nor for fame, but the believer's
      prayer should be to gladly toil and suffer, just to walk closely with the
      Saviour. Fanny Jane Crosby then added these prayers that the Saviour should
      lead her through the valley of shadows, and bear her over life�s fitful sea
      so that she may enter the gate of eternal life with the Lord.

      Have you also made God your everlasting Portion? Is your desire is to walk
      closely with Him? If yes, then He will draw nearer to you and you will know
      indeed that He is more than a friend to you as He will lead you through any
      valley or mountain of life till you reign eternally with Him. Indeed, God
      is my everlasting Portion!

      Prayer Point: Lord, help me to walk closer with You as my everlasting
      Portion till I reign eternally with You in Your kingdom in Jesus' name.
      Amen.