    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 12, 2013

      "We speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God
      ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this
      age knew.... the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of
      God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they
      are spiritually discerned" (1 Corinthians 2:7-8a, 14 NKJV).

      Times without number, I have met people online who declared that there is
      no God. If I tried to point to the Holy Bible, they would say that the Book
      is one of the fabricated stories of some Jews. If I went further to assert
      that the Holy Bible is the Word of God, they would conclude that God, if He
      exists, is talking nonsense!

      Let us agree that such people are atheists, agnostics, liberals, free
      thinkers or simply unbelievers or non-Christians. Apostle Paul referred to
      them as "natural men." However, many so-called Christians can also be
      referred to as natural men because they find it difficult to believe some
      teachings of the Bible, not to talk of practicing such teachings.

      Apostle Paul admitted in 1 Corinthian 2 that the Word of God is a mystery,
      and only people that have the Spirit of God can understand it. No wonder,
      he had earlier said, "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those
      who are perishing" (1 Corinthians 1:18 NKJV). The Word of God is
      foolishness to the natural man because he is not of the Spirit of God, and
      does not reason with the Spirit of God.

      God does exist, and He does NOT talk nonsense! He has made Himself known to
      all. Only a fool will have a contrary opinion on this. There may be
      difficult messages in the Word of God. Yet, they are understandable. Only
      those that yield themselves to the leadership of God will understand Him
      and His Word.

      Prayer Point: Lord, give me a humble spirit to seek you and a teachable
      heart to learn and understand your words in Jesus' name. Amen.