    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 27, 2012

      "Jesus replied, `You may go. Your son will live.' The man took Jesus at his
      word and departed. While he was still on the way, his servants met him with
      the news that his boy was living" (John 4:50-51 NIV).

      The son of a certain nobleman was sick. The man did not want the son to
      die, so he went to Jesus Christ so that He would come and heal the sick son
      miraculously. Jesus Christ knew that he wanted a miracle to be performed on
      his son, but He wanted him to exercise some faith in Him. Instead of
      following him to lay His hand on the sick child, Jesus told him to go and
      believe that the son would live. This nobleman believed Jesus Christ. He
      went back home and found his son well. When he made enquiry about when the
      son got well, he found out that it was at the very time that Jesus told him
      that the son would live. What an effectual faith!

      What is your own problem? In what way are you or someone dear to you sick?
      This may not be physical sickness. It may emotional, financial, or even
      spiritual sickness. Have you come to Jesus Christ for a miracle? Will you
      also take Him at His word today?

      Lazarus the brother of Mary and Martha was very sick. The expectation of
      the two sisters was that Jesus Christ would come and heal him. They sent to
      Jesus but He tarried till Lazarus died. Martha and Mary accused Jesus of
      late coming, but He assured them that Lazarus would live. Even when He was
      about to raise Lazarus from the dead, Martha was arguing with Jesus. "Then
      Jesus said, `Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the
      glory of God?'" (John 11:40 NIV).

      If you also can call unto Him today, as He promised in Matthew 7:7-8, "Ask
      and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door
      will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds;
      and to him who knocks, the door will be opened" (NIV), and believe in Him,
      you will see the glory of God (Matthew 18:19; 21:22; Mark 11:24; John
      14:13; 16:24). Take Him at His word!

      This message was first sent out on May 21, 2006.