"ATTEMPT GREAT THINGS FOR GOD"

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 6, 2012

      "ATTEMPT GREAT THINGS FOR GOD"

      "After the king was settled in his palace and the LORD had given him rest
      from all his enemies around him, he said to Nathan the prophet, `Here I am,
      living in a palace of cedar, while the ark of God remains in a tent'" (2
      Samuel 7:1-2, NIV).

      "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken
      together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the
      measure you use, it will be measured to you" (Luke 6:38 NIV).

      God had given David rest from all his enemies around him (verse 1). His
      intention was to build a befitting edifice for the Lord. He told prophet
      Nathan about this intention that the latter readily approved (verse 3). The
      intention is indeed laudable. However, God sent Nathan back to David to
      tell him His mind � David would not be the one to build a house for Him!

      Nevertheless, the "no" answer of God was with promises: a) God would make
      his name great; b) God would provide a place for His people Israel where
      they would have rest; c) God would give him rest from all his enemies; d)
      God would establish a house for him; e) God would raise up David's
      offspring to succeed him after his death; f) the offspring would build a
      house for God's Name; g) God would establish his throne forever; h) God
      would be with his successor; i) God would guide and correct David's
      offspring; j) God's love would never be taken away from him; and above all,
      k) David's throne will be established forever. What wonderful promises!

      David decided to do one good thing for God, but God reciprocated by doing
      many things for him. What do you want to do for God? What are you doing for
      Him even now?

      William Carrey says, "Attempt great things for God; expect great things
      from God." If you attempt and do great things for God, God also will not
      only promise you great things, He will do great things for you.

      This message was first sent out on May 15, 2005.