TRUST IN THAT ROCK!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 18 2:08 PM

      TRUST IN THAT ROCK!

      "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in
      whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my
      stronghold" (Psalm 18:2 NIV).

      "There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides you; there is
      no Rock like our God" (1 Samuel 2:2 NIV).

      Some time ago, I was relaxing on a rock when I saw a man coming towards me
      with a knife. Since everyone was minding his own affair, I did not care
      much about him. However, I discovered that he had tried to find a way to
      come up to the place where I sat. He went round that rock many times, but
      he could not find the way. So he stopped before me by the base of the rock
      with a fury. He swung his dagger at me several times and uttered some
      inaudible words. In spite of the shinning of the dagger by which he meant
      to hurt me, and his apparent rage against me, I was quietly sitting where I
      am. He was furious and tried to roll away the rock on which I sat. He tried
      again and again till he was tired, still I was not moved or afraid. In
      fact, I was enjoying myself above. Because of his inability to do any
      damage to me, he went out more furiously than before.

      Problems and challenges of life come in many forms trying to disturb man's
      peaceful existence. Man's source of trust when problems occur and his
      reaction to it will determine how he will overcome the problems and the
      challenges. Jesus Christ is the formidable Rock against any problem or
      challenge of life (Deuteronomy 32:4; 2 Samuel 22:32, 47; Psalm 31:2-3;
      89:26; 94:22; Isaiah 26:4; 1 Corinthians 10:4). Neglecting Him is like
      neglecting one's source of life (Deuteronomy 32:15; Isaiah 17:10).

      Are you facing a problem or a challenge of life now. This problem may
      interrupt your joy. It may seem that all is against you. Here is a solution
      for you! Are you are on that eternal Rock, Jesus Christ? Do you trust Him
      to help you in your problem? Are you adding further to this problem by
      being anxious about it? Do not let this problem overcome you. Trust in
      Jesus Christ. Stand on that immovable Rock and you will overcome your
      problems.

      This message was first sent out on June 3, 2003.