AMAZING GRACE

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 11, 2012
      Dearly Beloved,

      AMAZING GRACE

      "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith � and this not from
      yourselves, it is the gift of God � not by works, so that no one can boast"
      (Ephesians 2:8-9 NIV).

      One of the most popular hymns of all time is John Newton (1725-1807)'s
      "Amazing Grace." Newton composed the hymn to express who he was before he
      was saved and who he was after his salvation experience. Newton was a
      wretch, moral pariah whose business was slave trade before he became a
      preacher of the gospel of the great Saviour, Jesus Christ who saved him by
      grace during a near shipwreck. In his words in his late years, "My memory
      is nearly gone, but I remember two things, that I am a great sinner, and
      that Christ is a great Saviour."

      Beyond the personality of John Newton, his hymn - "Amazing Grace" - reveals
      a profound truth about the grace of Jesus Christ to anyone who invites Him
      into his life as his personal Saviour and Lord. It is a message that
      forgiveness and redemption are possible regardless of the sins people
      commit and that the soul can be delivered from despair through the mercy of
      God. It is indeed sweet to hear that a wretched person who is lost and
      blind spiritually can be found and see spiritually. The grace would teach
      the heart of anyone who believes to fear God and be relieved of all other
      fears. The grace is indeed precious not only initially but all the time. It
      is grace that has brought the believer safe thus far through many dangers,
      toils, and snares and it will eventually lead him to eternal home.

      The hymn further reveals some benefits that a believer in Christ who has
      experienced the grace would enjoy. He would enjoy the promised goodness of
      God; his hope would be secured in God's word; as long he lives, his shield
      and portion will be God; even when this flesh and heart shall fail, and
      mortal life shall cease, such a believer will possess a life of joy and
      peace; and in heaven, he will eternally sing God's praise. It is indeed
      amazing grace!

      Have you experienced this grace? No matter how wretched or morally bankrupt
      you think you are. You can experience it. Remember, you cannot earn it with
      any kind of work. It is only through faith in the finished work of
      salvation of Jesus Christ. Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ today, and you
      will experience the amazing grace and enjoy all its benefits (see Acts
      16:31; Romans 3:24; 4:5, 16).