WILL GOD ANSWER MY PRAYERS?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2012
      *Dearly Beloved,*

      *WILL GOD ANSWER MY PRAYERS?*

      *"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask
      anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears
      us � whatever we ask � we know that we have what we asked of him " (1 John
      5:14-15 NIV).*

      *As I wanted to sleep recently, I received a message from one of my
      contacts on WhatsApp asking me whether God would answer his prayer or not.
      I summarily answered him that God would answer him if what he is requesting
      is in accordance with the plan of God for him at that particular time. As I
      also had a prayer request that I have been asking God for my ministry, I
      pondered on that question: "Will God answer my prayers?" The simple answer
      to it is YES. However, the affirmative answer is with a condition and may
      be in various ways. *

      *The condition of answer of God to any prayer request is the will of God.
      God will not do anything that is contrary to His will. Jesus Christ knew
      this principle, He taught it in the popular "Lord's Prayer" (see Matthew
      6:10), and He applied it in the Garden of Gethsemane when He about to face
      the cross. He prayed "that if possible the hour might pass from him. 'Abba,
      Father,' he said, 'everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me.
      Yet not what I will, but what you will'" (Mark 14:35-36 NIV).*

      *Someone has said that God answers our prayers in any of the three ways,
      vis, yes, no, or wait. God will answer yes to our prayers if the request is
      perfectly according to His will at that particular time. He may ask us to
      wait till when He deems it fit for us to have the answer to the request.
      Likewise, He may answer no to the prayer if the request is NOT according to
      His will for us. *

      *Examples of this principle abound in the Bible. A classic one was the case
      of David when he wanted to build a temple for God. God partially answered
      no to that request but said that David will have to wait till the time of
      his son before the request will be granted (see 2 Samuel 7).*

      *Getting "Yes" answer to our prayer is lovely. However, when God says "No"
      or "Wait" to our request, He has something better for us. The reason is,
      "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,'
      declares the LORD. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my
      ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts'" (Isaiah 55:
      8-9), and "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans
      to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'"
      (Jeremiah 29: 11-12).*

      *It is certain that God will answer our prayers according to His will. Are
      you ready to accept God's perfect answer to your prayers in His own way and
      His own time?*

      *In His service,*

      *Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).*

      * *

      *NB*

      *Do you use WhatsApp on your phone or other devices? Add this number
      +2348138325934 (NOT FOR CALL PLEASE) to your contacts and then
      inform/invite me through it. You will be added to my WhatsApp contacts. God
      bless you! *