    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2012
      *Dearly Beloved,*

      *"I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust upon a [lady]" (Job
      31:1 TLB).*

      *The world is full of detestable things - things that can drive people away
      from their Creator. Unfortunately, people are the instruments that the
      devil is using to propagate these detestable things. Most of these things
      are what are appealing to the eyes. This was the strategy that the devil
      used to deceive the first woman, Eve. The Bible says, "When the woman saw
      that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye..."
      (Genesis 3:6 NIV). Many things, even good things like that forbidden fruit,
      are pleasing to the eyes, and they have lured people to their destruction.
      One of such things is the female physical body. Ordinarily, every woman is
      created to be attractive, but the devil has made many women to use this to
      mislead men, especially men that are not careful. Most women have turned
      their physical bodies to tools in the hands of the devil to ruin men. Some
      of them are doing this deliberately while others are doing it
      unconsciously. This has made many men to look lustfully at women even at
      times involuntarily. As if Job had known the teachings of Jesus Christ in
      Matthew 5:28 "that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already
      committed adultery with her in his heart" (NIV), Job made a covenant with
      his eyes not to look at women with lust (see Job 31:1, 9). In order words,
      he had warned his eyes on what to look at.*

      *That resolution will be a good one for any man. A man should warn his eyes
      not to look lustfully at women no matter how tempting they may be. This
      warning has to be extended to what type of book to read and (especially in
      this era of the Internet) what to look at on the Internet. Women also
      should resolve not to make themselves a ready tool in the hands of the
      devil to lure men into lust. *

      *Either man or woman, we have to decide like Job to live against lust and
      anything that has to do with it because: it is a sin (Matthew 5:27-30); it
      is dangerous (Proverbs 6:25-29); it is contrary to the Holy Spirit
      (Galatians 5:16-18); it hinders prayer (James 4:2-5); and it will pass away
      (1 John 2:15-17). We can only live in dominion over lust and anything that
      can cause it through the power of the Holy Spirit by: self-determination
      (Job 31:1); self-crucifixion (Galatians 5:24; Romans 6:12-13); and the
      grace of God (Titus 2:12).*

      *Do not let what or who you behold lure you away from your God. Warn your
      eyes and your behaviours!*

      *In His service,*
      *Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).*