YOU CAN BE SUCCESSFUL AND STILL BE HONEST

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2012
      *Dearly Beloved,*

      *YOU CAN BE SUCCESSFUL AND STILL BE HONEST*

      *"The other men tried to find something wrong with the way Daniel did his
      work for the king. But they could not accuse him of anything wrong, because
      he was honest and faithful and did everything he was supposed to do"
      (Daniel 6:4 CEV).*

      *There was a chat that ensued between one of my BlackBerry contacts and me.
      The person wanted to know if one can be successful in life without being
      dubious (in character). I answered in the affirmative. He wondered how that
      can be so and wanted me to prove it to him. I explained to him that the
      Holy Bible teaches honesty and that there were many honest people in the
      Bible who were also successful in life. I even used my life as an example.
      He did not believe me. He even accused me of boasting. *

      *If one considers what are happening in the world nowadays, especially in
      Nigeria, one would think that only dishonest people can succeed in life.
      Examination malpractices are so common among students that examination
      bodies are having difficulties in curbing them. Many parents are even
      helping their children in these nefarious activities! Politics or rather
      the politicians are so dirty that righteous people would think twice before
      joining them, and where you find anyone who wants to be righteous or just
      in politics, such a person would be frustrated out of the system. Bribery
      and corruption in all ramifications have been institutionalized in public
      and private sectors. Even religious institutions are not left out in these
      acts of dishonesty! Indeed, it is very difficult to find honest men and
      women in the society. The situation of Nigeria is like the one that Prophet
      Isaiah described, "Justice is driven away, and right cannot come near.
      Truth stumbles in the public square, and honesty finds no place there.
      There is so little honesty that anyone who stops doing evil finds himself
      the victim of crime" (Isaiah 59:14-15 TEV). No wonder, many young people
      think (like that BlackBerry contact) that you cannot be honest and be
      successful.*

      *When Elijah thought there was no more people serving God in the days of
      King Ahab, God told him that he had "reserved SEVEN THOUSAND in Israel, all
      whose knees have not bowed to Baal, and every mouth that has not kissed
      him" (1 Kings 19:18 NKJV emphasis mine). In spite of all the decadence in
      Nigeria, there are people who are honest and are still successful in the
      country. There are people that God can still vouch for. Are you one of such
      people? It was very difficult to find any fault or corrupt practice in
      Daniel, even at his high-ranking position (see Daniel 6:4). How honest are
      you in your position? Are you also of the opinion that you cannot be
      successful with honesty? *

      *You can indeed be successful and still be honest!*

      *In His service,*

      *Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).*