    Message 1 of 2 , May 12, 2012
      *Dearly Beloved, *

      *"Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the
      glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds
      and animals and reptiles. Therefore God gave them over in the sinful
      desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their
      bodies with one another" (Romans 1:22-24 NIV).*

      *I get in contact with different kinds of people on the Internet almost
      every day. Some of these people willingly extend hands of friendship to me,
      something that I also willingly accept. One of such people is a
      fifty-year-old woman whose interest is to be chatting with people online.
      From one of our chats, she professed to be a Christian from childhood and a
      member of one of the leading denominations of the Christian faith. One day
      as we were chatting, she suggested that we share pictures and comment on
      such pictures. Naively, I accepted her suggestion and she started sending
      pictures to me. The first one was that of her friend. I appreciated the
      beauty of her friend. Then she sent another one that she claimed was her
      own. I immediately rejected this second one because she was half-naked in
      the picture. She was surprised that I rejected it, and she took offence at
      me that I did not appreciate her. I told her that I appreciate her, but not
      her nude body. She then went ahead to be saying some immoral things to me.
      When I told her about my Christian morality, she sent another picture that
      is purely pornographic to me. I then asked her whether she has children.
      She told me that she has a son, 25, and a daughter, 22. When I asked her if
      she could recommend such picture and the immoral language to her children,
      she answered in the affirmative and claimed that they are open-minded as
      she is.*

      *I was baffled with her so-called open-mindedness. How can a woman of her
      age be involved in such immoral things and feel proud to encourage her
      children in them also? Can a professed Christian be so open-minded that
      he/she will be proud of acts of immorality? No matter the part of the world
      one may find oneself, should open-mindedness become a licence to sin? The
      Bible says, "Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are
      outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body" (1
      Corinthians 6:18 NIV. See also verse 13; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-7).*

      *Let me ask you also: how open-minded are you? Are so open-minded that you
      cannot differentiate from sinful acts and godly acts? Are you so
      open-minded that you have rationalized most of the sinful acts? Are you so
      open-minded that you cannot check your children and the younger generation
      when they are doing something bad? How open-minded are you?*

      *In His service,*

      *Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).*

      * *

      *1. Please send your reaction to me directly or copy me at <

      *2. This message was first sent out on September 24, 2006, and I am sending
      it out in commemoration of this year's Mother's Day. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!*