THERE IS HOPE!

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2012
      *Dearly Beloved,*

      *THERE IS HOPE!*

      *"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to
      prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then
      you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you'"
      (Jeremiah 29:11-12 NIV).*

      *I have read this Bible passage times without numbers. I have heard people
      quoting it. I have even used it to preach to or encourage other people
      several times. However, when I studied it in its context recently, I have a
      clearer understanding of its real meaning.*

      *The context of the passage is a letter written by prophet Jeremiah to the
      exiled Jews in Babylon. Although, the people of Judah had sinned against
      God, and God was punishing them by sending them to exile, yet, Jeremiah was
      advising them to have courage and settle down in that foreign land because
      God had not abandoned them totally. He presented God as the Yoruba
      proverbial father that would punish his child with right hand and draw him
      in love back to himself with the left hand. No matter the consequence of
      one's sin, God is still compassionate and forgiving (Daniel 9:9). He has
      plans of restoring us back to Him. He will not abandon His own forever!*

      *The Bible passage is a word of hope for people that are suffering because
      of their misdeeds. It is a word of hope for others also that think that God
      has forgotten them. It is a word of hope for every child of God. God has
      plans for us - plans not to harm us, but to prosper us. Plans to give us
      hope. Plans to give us a good future. Plans not to abandon us even when we
      go astray. Plans to listen to us when we call on Him.*

      *"This is what the LORD says: 'I will restore the fortunes of Jacob's tents
      and have compassion on his dwellings; the city will be rebuilt on her
      ruins, and the palace will stand in its proper place. From them will come
      songs of thanksgiving and the sound of rejoicing. I will add to their
      numbers, and they will not be decreased; I will bring them honor, and they
      will not be disdained. Their children will be as in days of old, and their
      community will be established before me; I will punish all who oppress
      them. Their leader will be one of their own; their ruler will arise from
      among them. I will bring him near and he will come close to me, for who is
      he who will devote himself to be close to me?' declares the LORD. "'So you
      will be my people, and I will be your God'" (Jeremiah 30:18-22 NIV. See
      also 19:14; 31:27-28; 32:42-44; 33:6-26; Lamentations 3:31-33).*

      *No matter the situation, there is indeed hope!*

      *In His service,*

      *Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).*

      *NB*

      *This message was first sent out on November 21, 2004.*

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1
        Dearly Beloved,
[...]

        Prayer Point: Pray that the plans and purpose of God for your life will come to pass in His appointed time.

        "I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. FOR TO ME, TO LIVE IS CHRIST AND TO DIE IS GAIN" (Philippians 1:20-21, NIV).