WHOSE BLAME?

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 14, 2012
      *Dearly Beloved,*

      *WHOSE BLAME?*

      *"And he said, 'Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the
      tree that I commanded you not to eat from?' The man said, 'The woman you
      put here with me--she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.' Then
      the LORD God said to the woman, 'What is this you have done?' The woman
      said, 'The serpent deceived me, and I ate'" (Genesis 3:11-13 NIV).*

      *Man is defensive. He always finds a way of shifting blame. This has been
      since the time of our first parents � Adam and Eve. They ate the forbidden
      fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. When God pointed out their
      sin, Adam seemed to blame God as if God did wrong in giving him the wife.
      The wife also blamed the serpent as if it was the serpent that forced her
      and her husband to disobey God. No doubt, the serpent would have had
      someone to blame also if God gave it the opportunity. However, regardless
      of their defences, each of them was punished for his/her action. God cursed
      the serpent (Satan) forever; the woman has to bear her children in pains;
      and the man has to painfully toil the ground.*

      *Think about your life. Who would you also blame for your actions? Are you
      ready to take full responsibility of your actions? You may blame anybody or
      even Satan, but God will judge and reward you accordingly. The Lord
      declares, "In those days people will no longer say, 'The fathers have eaten
      sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge.' Instead, everyone
      will die for his own sin; whoever eats sour grapes--his own teeth will be
      set on edge� (Jeremiah 31:29-30 NIV). Apostle Paul also warned, �Do not be
      deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows
      to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the
      one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life�
      (Galatians 6:7-9 NIV).*

      *Accept your flaws. Be ready to take full responsibility of what you do or
      fail to do. One of the marks of a matured Christian is acceptance of one's
      mistakes and readiness to make correction.*

      *In His service,*

      *Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).*

      *NB*

      *This message was first posted on January 18, 2004.*