GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 11, 2012

      GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS

      "Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions
      fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness"
      (Lamentations 3:22-23, NKJV).

      Almost all the Christian hymns have touching and striking stories that made
      their composers to compose them. Interestingly, the popular hymn - "GREAT
      IS THY FAITHFULNESS" - did not have any such story. The writer of the hymn,
      Thomas O. Chisholm, confessed that there were no special circumstances that
      prompted him to write this great hymn. He got his inspiration just from his
      experience and Bible truth. He said in a letter written in 1941 that in
      spite of the fact that his small income as a result of impaired health in
      his earlier years, he was aware of the unfailing faithfulness of a
      covenant-keeping God and that God had given him many wonderful displays of
      His providing care.

      In the hymn, like Jeremiah in his lamentations, Chisholm declared that
      because the compassion of God never fails, great is the faithfulness of
      God. God renews this faithfulness during summer, winter, springtime and
      harvest, in fact, every morning. This faithfulness is manifested in the
      courses of sun, moon, and stars above. The whole nature joins in witnessing
      this faithfulness. The faithfulness includes pardon for sin and an enduring
      peace, God's cheering and guiding presence, strength for today, bright hope
      for tomorrow, and countless blessings. Indeed great is the faithfulness of
      God!

      You are also experiencing this faithfulness of God every day. Do you
      realize this? If yes, do you appreciate God for it? If you do not realize
      it, it means you are not focusing on God and you have placed your trust
      either in yourself or any other thing apart from God. Focus on God and you
      will have many reasons to declare His faithfulness over your life.

      Great is thy faithfulness, O God!