WHAT MANNER OF LOVE!

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2012
      WHAT MANNER OF LOVE!
      "Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we
      should be called children of God!" (1 John 3:1 NKJV).
      For some time now, many people have been talking about love, and they
      will celebrate "love" on February 14, a day popularly known as "the
      Valentine's Day." However, the kind of love that people are presently
      talking about and that is been celebrated on February 14 is erroneous.
      It is indeed "lust" not love! Even if one claims that "the Valentine's
      Day" has to do with a love between a man and a woman in love (whether
      married or not), the original intention of the celebration is to
      demonstrate sacrificial love of one person to another.
      This manner of sacrificial love was demonstrated by God. Hear Paul:
      "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were
      still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8 NKJV). Apostle John
      explained this in other words: "For God so loved the world that He
      gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not
      perish but have everlasting life" (John 3:16 NKJV). This sacrificial
      love made everyone who accepts it to be a child of God! It made the
      person to be a heir in the kingdom of God. Such a person like a true
      son, not a servant or slave, can now come boldly to the throne of God
      with confidence and freedom (see Ephesians 3:12; Hebrews 4:16;
      10:19-23). It is a pity that the world does not know this kind of
      love, hence, the wrong celebration of the Valentine's Day.
      The manner of love that God had, and is still having, for the world -
      the sacrificial love - the manner of love that will give out something
      tangible and indelible to the recipient should be the focus of anyone
      this Valentine season and all the time. The Valentine season should
      remind us of a sacrificial love that we can give not only to our loved
      ones, but to everyone that we encounter. It should never be a time of
      satisfying one's lustful desires.
      What manner of love do you want to demonstrate this Valentine season?