I AM RESOLVED

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2012
      I AM RESOLVED
      “As you serve the Lord, work hard and don't be lazy. Be excited about
      serving him!” (Romans 12:11 ERV).
      “My deep desire and hope is that I shall never fail in my duty, but
      that at all times, and especially right now, I shall be full of
      courage, so that with my whole being I shall bring honor to Christ,
      whether I live or die” (Philippians 1:20 TEV).
      Let me once again welcome you to another year, year 2012. It will
      indeed be a year of unlimited success in all your good endeavours in
      Jesus’ name. Amen. Undoubtedly, many people have made some resolutions
      again this new year. Many years ago, a hymn writer, Palmer Hartsough
      (1844-1932), made a resolution in a hymn he composed though not early
      in a new year.
      In that popular hymn, “I Am Resolved No Longer To Linger!” Palmer
      Hartsough made a resolution not to linger in serving the Lord because
      of the delights of the world. Rather, he resolved to be attracted by
      things that are higher and nobler for God. Because Jesus Christ the
      Saviour is the true One and the just One who has the words of life,
      Hartsough resolved to leave his sin. He resolved to faithfully and
      truly follow the Saviour each day by heeding to what He says and doing
      His wills because He is the living Way. Although friends may oppose
      him and foes may beset him, he was resolved to enter the kingdom of
      God by leaving the paths of sin. Having made these resolutions,
      Hartsough invited his friends to come without delay to join him in
      walking the heavenly way by allowing them to be taught by the Bible
      and be led by the Spirit.
      What are your resolutions for this new year? If care is not taken,
      many of such resolutions may unfortunately go down the drain without
      been implemented before the end of this month. Resolve to be closer to
      God this year by not lingering in serving Him. He will prove Himself
      to you this year and you will testify to His goodness over your life.